According to a copy of the contract, Manhas is:
• Receiving an annual salary of $185,668, beginning July 1. The salary set for him in 2009 was $171,000.
• Receiving $3,520 a month that will be invested in a tax-sheltered annuity or custodial account. His 2009 contract provided $2,400 a month for a tax-sheltered annuity program and a deferred-compensation program.
• Being paid $625 a month for using a personal automobile for official in-district travel. In addition, Manhas can receive reimbursement for out-of-district mileage and expenses used for official business.
• Receiving 25 vacation days and 12 sick days a year. Those amounts did not change from his past contract.
• Required to live within the district boundaries and undergo a comprehensive medical examination at least once every two years.
• Afforded insurance coverage and leave benefits commensurate with those provided to other certificated administrators in the district.
• Required to attend meetings and local, state and national levels that are relevant to his work; the expenses will be paid by the district. Specifically, Manhas is required to maintain membership and active participation with the Washington Association of School Administrators and the American Association of School Administrators.
• Allowed to serve as a consultant to other districts or educational agencies during his off-duty time. This also was stipulated in his previous contract.