Published July 31, 2012
Shelton home catches fireOlympian staff
A single story home caught fire in Shelton on Monday afternoon.Central Mason Fire and EMS crews were called to the 400 block of Arcadia Avenue at 3:30 p.m. The fire started from an "electrical component that was plugged into the wall" in the living room, according to a release. The resident heard the smoke detector go off and called the fire department. A couch was too close and caused an electrical short resulting in the fire, the release aid. Shelton police officers help direct traffic while fire crews battled the flames with two engines, two medic units and a command unit. Mason County Medic One and Mason County Fire Districts 4 and 11 assisted.