An eight-month streak of improved home sales in Thurston County came to an end in November as sales fell 11 percent, according to Northwest Multiple Listing Service released Wednesday.
Thurston County home sales fell 11.66 percent to 197 units last month from 223 units in November 2011, the combined single-family residence and condo data show.
Several Thurston County real estate brokers could not be reached to comment on November’s data.
Home sales had shown improvement every month this year since April, the combined data show.
On a year-over-year basis, sales rose 16 percent in April, nearly 3 percent in May, 5.8 percent in June, 14 percent in July, 27 percent in August, 17 percent in September, 21 percent in October, then fell nearly 12 percent in November.
The median price, meanwhile, rose in November, up 2.33 percent to $220,000 last month from $215,000 in November 2011, the combined data show.
Also in the year-over-year November period: pending sales fell 6.93 percent to 255 units from 274 units; the number of homes for sale fell 21 percent to 1,183 units from 1,513 units; and the number of new listings in November fell to 253 units from 279 units, the combined data show.
Thurston County home sales figures
Single-family residence data for November 2012/2011
• Single-family residence sales fell 10 percent to 194 units from 216 units.
• Single-family median prices rose 2.71 percent to $221,350 from $215,500.
• Single-family pending sales fell 6.13 percent to 245 units from 261 units.
• Total number of single-family homes for sale fell 22.51 percent to 1,126 units from 1,453 units.
• New single-family listings in November fell to 248 units from 271 units.
Condo data for November 2012/2011
• Condo sales fell to three units from seven units.
• Condo median prices rose 10.66 percent to $135,000 from $122,000.
• Condo pending sales fell to 10 units from 13 units.
• Total number of condos for sale fell 5 percent to 57 units from 60 units.
• New condo listings in November fell to five units from eight units.Source: Northwest Multiple Listing Service Rolf Boone: 360-754-5403 firstname.lastname@example.org theolympian.com/bizblog @rolf_boone