Published December 19, 2012
Pair hospitalized after Shelton house fire; all pets perishedCHELSEA KROTZER
Two Shelton residents were hospitalized after escaping a house fire caused by a candle early Wednesday, according to a news release. Central Mason Fire and EMS crews were called at 2:07 a.m. to the Dartmoor Drive home to find it engulfed in flames. Both residents escaped but suffered minor burns and smoke inhalation. They later were released from the hospital. None of the pets in the home escaped, and the fire did $80,000 in damage. It rendered the home a total loss. Fire investigators think a candle burning too close to combustible items caused the fire.
View Larger Map