The March housing data is in for Thurston County and it looks a lot like it did in January and February, with home sales and median prices showing positive gains, according to the Northwest Multiple Listing Service.
Windermere Olympia is the busiest it has been in the past four years — particularly for those homes priced between $185,000 and $225,000, which in some cases are attracting multiple offers, owner Steve Garrett said.
“Activity has picked up ten-fold,” he said, adding he expects a very productive 2013.
Home sales in March rose 20 percent to 264 units from 219 units in March 2012, while median prices rose 2.1 percent to $216,500 from $212,000, the combined single-family residence and condominium data show.
The number of homes for sale remain low — inventory fell 18.7 percent to 1,056 units from 1,299 units in March 2012 — although sellers are beginning to sense a new direction in the market and are listing more homes for sales. New listings in March rose to 447 units from 409 units in March 2012, the combined data show.
Pending sales, meanwhile, rose 16.5 percent to 450 units from 386 units in the same period, according to the combined data.
County real estate sales improve again
Single-family residence data for March 2013/2012
• Single-family residence sales rose 20.7 percent to 256 units from 212 units.
• Single-family median prices rose 2.94 percent to $220,000 from $213,725.
• Single-family pending sales rose 14.9 percent to 438 units from 381 units.
• Total number of single-family residences for sale fell 18.1 percent to 1,022 units from 1,248 units.
• New listings in March rose to 440 units from 406 units.
Condominium data for March 2013/2012
• Condominium sales rose to eight units from seven units.
• Condo median prices fell 13.2 percent to $99,750 from $115,000.
• Condo pending sales rose to 12 units from five units.
• Total number of condo listings fell to 34 units from 51 units.
• New condo listings rose to seven units from three units. Source: Northwest Multiple Listing ServiceRolf Boone: 360-754-5403 firstname.lastname@example.org theolympian.com/bizblog