Firefighters rescue dog from house fire near Lacey

Staff writerApril 19, 2013 

Firefighters rescued a dog from a house fire about 6:45 p.m. Thursday in the 400 block of Wildcat Street Southeast, according to Lacey Fire District Three.

The occupants of the house had evacuated when fire crews arrived, but said the family dog was still inside.

Crews administered oxygen and transported the dog to an emergency veterinary clinic. The pet is expected to be okay, according to Lacey Fire.

The fire was caused by unattended cooking, according to Lacey Fire.

The blaze was contained to the kitchen and living areas of the house. Damage is estimated at $100,000.

Crews put out the fire within 15 minutes of arriving at the scene.

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service