Barbeque sparks costly house fire in Lacey

Staff writerAugust 31, 2013 

A backyard barbeque fire set a Lacey house on fire Saturday, causing an estimated $200,000 in damage.

No one was hurt in the rapidly spreading blaze, officials said, but fire and smoke damage spread through most of the home in the 3700 block of Stikes Loop, damaging almost all of the family’s possessions.

Flames destroyed about half the house, said Jason Berman, a spokesman for Lacey Fire District 3. Firefighters responded to the fire shortly after 5:30 p.m. and the fire was under control in about 20 minutes, Berman said.

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service