With the arrival of October we want to share some safety tips for residents who may be out on the night of October 31. Events occur throughout our community but child safety should be on everyone’s mind.
Here are some safety tips for your children who may be out on Halloween:
• Check children’s candy
• Remind children to NEVER enter any home or car
• Have children trick or treat in groups
• Tie glow sticks or use reflective tape on children to help drivers see children
• Always walk, never run, across the street
• Remind children to obey traffic laws, use marked crosswalks, and to look both ways before crossing the street
• Warn children not to run out from behind parked cars
If you are in the City of Lacey, look for our marked patrol cars who are working around the city.
Our department participates in a program called “Stop and Treat” and some of our officers have bags that have been provided by our community that contain treats.
We hope your family has a safe night and if you have any questions, please contact Sean Bell at the Lacey Police Department at 360-459-4333.
Lacey Crime Prevention Tip of the Month is provided by the Lacey Police Department each month.