Early morning chase involves crash with Thurston County deputy's vehicle

lpemberton@theolympian.comNovember 7, 2013 

Three people are in jail following an early morning chase that involved spike strips, a crash into a Thurston County deputy's vehicle and a foot pursuit.


Nobody was seriously injured, however three people were booked into Thurston County Jail early Thursday following a pursuit that involved a crash into a Thurston County deputy’s vehicle.   

According to patrol spokesman Trooper Guy Gill:

At about 12:25 a.m., Lacey Police reported that a 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer was seen traveling at a high rate of speed in the area of Southbound I-5 and Marvin Road.

A state patrol trooper spotted the vehicle on Southbound I-5 at milepost 105 (the City Center exit), and attempted to stop it as it exited Trosper Road. The vehicle did not stop, and a pursuit ensued to Littlerock Road.

The vehicle drove over spike strips at 93rd Avenue.

“These guys just kept going,” Gill said. “Pretty soon their (tires are) flat, and chunks of tire are flying off. And pretty soon they’re driving on rims.”

The vehicle turned right on 110th Street, left on Endicott Road and left on 123rd Street to Littlerock Road. At the intersection of Littlerock Road and 123rd Street, the vehicle allegedly struck an occupied Thurston County Deputy’s patrol vehicle that had its emergency lights activated, Gill said. The deputy was not injured, he added.

“Then the driver and one of the passengers both took off running, but we quickly apprehended them,” Gill said.

The driver, a 42-year-old Shelton man, is under investigation for felony eluding, second-degree assault, first-degree malicious mischief, third-degree assault (for allegedly spitting on a trooper at the hospital) and driving under the influence.

One of the passengers, a 24-year-old Shelton woman, is under investigation for possession of drug paraphernalia, destruction of evidence, two no-bail warrants and resisting arrest.

Another passenger, a 27-year-old man, also of Shelton, is being held for two $20,000 warrants and investigation for resisting arrest.

“They are right where they should be today, and that’s in jail,” Gill said.

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service