Woman who died in Lacey house fire identified

OlympianNovember 12, 2013 

A woman who died in a Lacey house fire Saturday has been identified as Joy Ireland, 59, according to Thurston County Coroner Gary Warnock.

Investigators determined that the fire a residence in the 1200 block of Marvin Road SE likely started in a kitchen area and may have been caused by an electrical malfunction.

Three adults who were in the home were able to escape unharmed, but Ireland was asleep in a bedroom and did not make it outside, Lacey Fire Battalion Chief Steve Crimmins said.

Ireland died of smoke inhalation, Warnock said.

jpawloski@theolympian.com

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service