Woman who robbed Grand Mound AM/PM ignored a witness who tried to stop her

Staff writerDecember 10, 2013 

Sheena Gillham


A 20-year-old woman who got out of jail Nov. 23 after stealing from a Kohl's in Lacey appeared in court Tuesday to face a new accusation she robbed the Grand Mound AM/PM grocery last week.

During the theft of the Kohl's on Sept. 3, Sheena Gillham had threatened a Kohl's security guard with a knife after she shoplifted there, court papers state. "Back off, or I'll stab you," she told him, while brandishing a knife, according to court papers.

Gillham was subsequently convicted of theft and fourth-degree assault. She served 60 days in jail, and a judge suspended her two-year prison sentence. If convicted of the new robbery of the AM/PM, she potentially faces an imposition of the suspended two-year prison sentence.

During Tuesday's court hearing, Thurston County Superior Court Judge Gary Tabor ordered Gillham, of Montesano, held at the the Thurston County Jail Tuesday on suspicion of one count of first-degree armed robbery. Gilham's bail was set at $30,000.

During the Dec. 4 robbery of the AM/PM grocery in Grand Mound, a female suspect implied she was holding a gun after entering, and threatened to shoot the clerk. Images of the female suspect were captured on surveillance cameras as she entered the store wearing a hat and a bandana to cover her face.

The suspect fled with an undetermined amount of cash. A man in the parking lot of the AM/PM confronted the woman as she left and he drew a gun on the suspect. But she ignored his command to stop and ran away and got inside a newer-model sedan. The car sped away. The witness who drew a gun described the woman as 18 to 20.

A Crime Stoppers tipster said Gillham was the suspect who fled the store, court papers state. The tipster gave detectives Gillham's vehicle description and license plate number. Detectives then showed an eyewitness a photo montage of possible suspects that included Gillham. The witness positively identified Gillham as the suspect in the Dec. 4 robbery of the AM/PM.

Deputies arrested Gillham Monday when she went to a tow yard to retrieve her vehicle, which had been impounded. A detective observed Gillham was wearing the same clothing as the woman that robbed the AM/PM in Grand Mound.

Also according to court papers:

Gillham became emotional when a detective discovered she was carrying narcotics. She admitted to the robbery, stating she got just over $100 from the cash register. She said she did not have a weapon during the robbery but implied she had a gun. She said she needed the money to repay a drug debt.


Jeremy Pawloski: 360-754-5445 jpawloski@theolympian.com

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service