No one hurt in fire at Olympic Panel in Shelton

Staff writerJanuary 8, 2014 

No one was injured Wednesday in a fire at a wood panel business in Shelton, according to Central Mason Fire & EMS.

In fact, the fire at Olympic Panel at 204 E. Railroad Ave. had already been knocked down by the building’s sprinkler system when firefighters arrived, spokeswoman Norma King said.

Crews were working at the scene about 6 p.m. They made sure the fire was fully extinguished.

The blaze started in an overhead spreader, and was contained in the insulation in the ceiling.

The damage is estimated to be $10,000.

Fire officials did not immediately know what prompted initial reports that the fire was a 5-alarm blaze.

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service