Here is a roundup of opinion articles from today and over the weekend that discuss Washington state government or statewide issues. Articles are compiled from media outlets throughout the state.
- Washington's unfinished business needs serious consideration by 2014 legislature (State Sen. Kevin Ranker, D-Orcas Island/The Bellingham Herald)
- Legislature must focus on basics this session (Yakima Herald-Republic)
- Editorial: Children of illegal immigrants should be able to apply for higher ed aid (The Spokesman-Review)
- Voters' Will, Meet the Law -- Ferguson's ruling on pot businesses shows detail key in crafting measures (The Columbian)
- President, Congress fail on immigration reform (Tri-City Herald)
- Editorial: Badly needed transportation action stalled in Olympia (The Spokesman-Review)
- We need to dig out truth about Bertha problems (Danny Westneat/The Seattle Times)