Here is today's roundup of opinion articles discussing Washington state government and statewide policy issues. Articles are compiled from media outlets throughout the state.
- No tanning bans for minors (The Everett Herald)
- Editorial: More must be done to keep derelict vessels off Puget Sounds bottom (The Seattle Times)
- Pay for performance coming to Washington social services? (Jonathan Martin/The Seattle Times)
- Guest: Teachers need more hours to learn from each other (Kevin Chase, Grandview School District superintendent/The Seattle Times)
- Editorial: Local bans on pot sales violate spirit of initiative (The Spokesman-Review)
- In Our View: Heed Red Flags of Oil by Rail (The Columbian)
- Economy, transit, education, health care keep legislature busy (Rep. Vincent Buys/The Bellingham Herald)