Twin 80-year-old brothers die after working on antique car in Chehalis

The Associated PressFebruary 24, 2014 

CHEHALIS — Twin 80-year-old brothers were apparently overcome by carbon monoxide while working on an antique car in a closed garage in Chehalis and died.

The Lewis County sheriff's office says the wife of one of the men found them Sunday evening when she returned home from a neighbor's house.

The other brother was visiting from Rainier, Wash.

The sheriff's office says the men were working on the car's exhaust.

When fire department emergency responders arrived, their carbon monoxide detectors showed a high level of the deadly fumes.

One brother was declared dead at a Centralia hospital and the other at a Seattle hospital.

 

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service