Dryer fire at home in Lacey displaces family

Staff writerMay 19, 2014 

A dryer fire at a home on Bamberg Lane SE in Lacey Sunday night has displaced a local family, a Lacey Fire Department battalion chief said.

The dryer fire was reported about 6:20 p.m. Sunday in the 600 block of Bamberg Lane, Lacey Battalion Chief Steve Crimmins said. The fire was extinguished quickly, and was confined to the laundry room, Crimmins said.

However, the fire caused extensive smoke damage throughout the home, and five adults and one child were displaced by the fire, he said.

Jeremy Pawloski: 360-754-5445; jpawloski@theolympian.com

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service