Sparking freezer smokes up Kent grocery store

The Associated PressJuly 11, 2014 

— Employees of a Kent Safeway store served bottled water to customers waiting outside in the sun Friday after they were evacuated because of a fire.

The Kent Fire Department says the fire was contained to a large freezer that was smoking and sparking.

The Olympian is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts.

Commenting FAQs | Terms of Service