- Lulu LaFever, 7 p.m. April 13, Minnaert Center for the Arts, 2011 Mottman Road, Olympia. $ 10 general, $5 non-SPSCC students; SPSCC students get in free. 360-596-5501.
- Becki Sue & Her Big Rockin' Daddies, 8 p.m. April 13, Fire Creek Alehouse, 5225 Yelm Highway S.E., Lacey. 360-459-3459.
Never miss a local story.
- Clinton Fearon and The Boogie Brown Band and guest Deborah Bartley with Sunmay, an all ages, family-friendly dance, 8 p.m. April 20, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $9 in advance (and Eagles members), $10 at the door. 360-970-5550.
- Groundation, 7 & 11 p.m. April 27, The Vault, 425 Franklin St. E., Olympia. 7 p.m. is all ages. $10 per show or $15 for both. 360-357-4721.
- Live swing and jazz with Vince Brown, Eliza Welch and LaVon Hardison, 4:30-7:30 p.m. Sundays, Cielo Blu, 514 Capitol Way S., Olympia. 360-352-8007.
- Cafe & Wine Bar, 219 Tower Ave. S., Centralia (on the second floor of the historic Aerie building). 360-330-1542.
-¿ Charlie's Bar and Grill, 620 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Ongoing: Metal Mondays (live bands); Texas Hold 'Em, sign-ups at 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays; Blues Night, Wednesdays; Karaoke with TJ Nuttz, Thursdays through Sundays. 360-786-8181.
- El Sarape Family Mexican Restaurant, 1200 Cooper Point Road, Olympia. 360-352-1201. All shows are 9 p.m.-midnight. Ongoing: Karaoke, 9:30 p.m. Thursday-Saturday, no cover.
- Frankie's Sports Bar & Grill, 3663 Pacific Ave. S.E., Olympia. Ongoing: Boots & Boogie Band, 8 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays. 360-412-1330.
- The Gold Bar at The Old Pizza and Mining Co., 3811 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. Ongoing: Karaoke and dancing with Michael Mike, 9 p.m. Thursdays-Saturdays. Ages 21 and older. No cover. 360-413-0149.
- Nickelby's Restaurant, 600 Trosper Road S.W., Tumwater. Ongoing: Karaoke with Dev N Tay, Tuesday-Saturday. 360-754-8546.
- Puerto Vallarta Mexican Restaurant, 802 Yelm Ave. W., Yelm. Ongoing: Karaoke hosted by Cosmickaraoke.com, 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
- Red Lion Hotel Olympia, 2300 Evergreen Park Drive, Olympia. Ongoing: The Russ Hubley Jazz Band, 8-11 p.m. Fridays-Saturdays. 360-943-4000.
- Tugboat Annies Waterfront Bar, 2100 West Bay Drive at West Bay Marina, Olympia. 360-943-1850. Ongoing: Open mic with Bart, 9 p.m., Tuesdays; The Columbia Street Seisiun, 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays.
- The Vault, 425 Franklin St. S.E., Olympia. 360-357-4721. Ongoing: DJ Peg, Wednesdays; Rockstar Thursdays; Friday Night Lockdown with DJ Peg, Fridays; Nothing But Love with DJ Lovesick Larry, Saturdays; Progression Sundaze with DJ Conspiracy, Sundays.
- Veritas Olympia, 109 Capitol Way N., Olympia. Shows start at 7 p.m. Tuesdays and
8 p.m. Fridays. Ongoing: Acoustic open mic, sign up from 6-6:45 p.m. and event is 7-8:30 p.m. the second Tuesday of each month. 360-352-4920 or go to www.veritasolympia.com.
- The Viking Lounge, 6318 Martin Way E., Olympia. Ongoing: Karaoke hosted by E.T.'s Cosmic Karaoke, 9 p.m.-1:30 a.m. Tuesday-Saturday; singing contest 10 p.m. Mondays hosted by DJ Scott; karaoke hosted by DJ Scott, Sundays.
OUT OF TOWN
- Taylor Hicks, 8 p.m. May 12, The Moore Theatre, 1932 Second Ave., Seattle. $29.50/39.50/$59.50. Ticketmaster or www.livenation.com.
- Joss Stone, 7:30 p.m. May 24, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $31 & $34. Ticketmaster, www.livenation.com or www.hob.com.
- Brad Paisley, 7:30 p.m. May 26, White River Amphitheatre, 40601 Auburn Enumclaw Road, Auburn. $24.25/$34/$54. Tickets go on sale April 14. Ticketmaster.
- Sasquatch Music Festival, May 26-27, Gorge Amphitheatre, 754 Silica Road N.W., George. www.sasquatchfestival.com.
- John Mayer with Ben Folds, 7 p.m. June 2, Gorge Amphitheatre, 754 Silica Road N.W., George. $35.50/$53.50. Ticketmaster or www.hob.com.
- Gwen Stefani - The Sweet Escape Tour, 8 p.m. June 16, White River Amphitheatre, 40601 Auburn Enumclaw Road, Auburn. $19.50/$39.50/$49.50/$69.50.
- Fall Out Boy, 6 p.m. June, 27, Tacoma Dome, 2727 D St. E., Tacoma. $36. Ticketmaster.
- Norah Jones, 8 p.m. June 29, McCaw Hall, 305 Harrison St., Seattle. $58. Ticketmaster.
- Keith Urban - Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy World Tour, 8 p.m. Sept. 15, KeyArena, 305 Harrison St., Seattle. $49.50/$59.50. Ticketmaster.
- Puyallup Fair Concert Series, concerts take at the Puyallup Fair Blaine Larsen, Sept. 8; Clint Black, Sept. 11; Weird Al Yankovic, Sept. 12; MercyMe, Sept. 13; George Lopez, Sept. 15; Big The Steve Miller Band, Sept. 20. Ticketmaster.
- Dimitriou's Jazz Alley, 2033 Sixth Ave., Seattle. The Downright Upright Tour with Jeff Lorber with Eric Marienthal, Brian Bromberg and Dave Weckl, April 12-15; Richard Elliot, April 26-29. 206-441-9729.
- Doyle's Public House, 208 St. Helens, Tacoma. Ongoing: Live music with Ockham's Razor, 9 p.m. the 17th of each month. 253-272-7468.
- Olympia Film Society, Capitol Theater, 206 Fifth Ave. E., Olympia. Films: "The Last King of Scotland," April 12, "The Lives of Others," April 12, "Notes On a Scandal," April 13-19; "51 Birch Street," April 13-19; "The Host," April 21-27; "2006 Oscar-Nominated Shorts," April 21-27.
Admission: $7 general, $4.50 members, $3 ages 12 and younger. 360-754-6670 or www.olyfilm.org.
- "Conversations with God - The Movie," 7 p.m. April 14 & 28, All Souls Unitarian Universalist Community, 6326 Martin Way, Lacey. 360-943-8317 or 360-491-3171.
- Dance on Camera film festival, 6:30 p.m. April 16-17, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 5 12 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $20 for both days, $12 for one. 360-753-8586.
- Cire Entertainment's Comedy Night, doors open at 7:30 p.m. and show time is from 8-9:30 p.m. Fridays, Pellegrino's Tyee Grill, 5757 Littlerock Road, Tumwater. Comedians: Robin Cee, April 13; Travis Simmons, April 20; Andre Paradise, April 27; Mike Wally Walter, May 4. $15. 360-870-8790 or www.cire-entertainment.com.
- The Comedy Underground in The Box featuring Brad Upton, 7:30 p.m. April 12, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $12. 360-753-8586.
- Scatterbrains Improv Comedy Troupe, 8 p.m. April 20, Traditions Cafe & World Folk Art, 300 Fifth Ave. S.W., Olympia. $7 adults, $5 students and seniors. 360-705-2819.
- Comedy Night with the Seattle Comedy Competition winners, 8 p.m. April 28,
Lucky Eagle Casino, 12888 188th Ave. S.W., Rochester. Featuring Ron Osborne, Harold Gomez, Gabriel Rutledge and hosted by Mike Wally Walter. $20. Tickets are available through Ticketmaster, at the casino or at the Centralia Fuller's Store. Ages 21 and older only. 800-720-1788 .
OUT OF TOWN
- Lewis Black, 8 p.m. June 23, Paramount Theatre, 911 Pine St., Seattle. $39.50/$45.50. Tickets are on sale now. Ticketmaster.
- Bob Saget, 8 p.m. June 29, The Moore Theatre, 1932 Second Ave., Seattle. $25 & $35. Ticketmaster, www.hob.com or www.livenation.com.
- Dance to live music by The Larry Hill Trio - Jazz, Rhythm & Blues and Swing, 7:30 p.m. April 21, Olympia Elks Lodge, 1818 Fourth Ave., Olympia. $5.
- Ballroom dance, hosted by the Olympia Chapter of USA Dance, lesson at 7 p.m., dance from 8-11 p.m. fourth Friday of each month, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $6 members, $10 nonmembers. Public and all ages welcome. 360-754-6697.
- Ballroom dancing, sponsored by the Olympia Love to Dance Club, 8 p.m. the second Friday of each month through June, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. 360-754-3978.
- Ballroom dancing to live music by Kregg Matson, dinner at 5:30 p.m. and dancing at 7:30 p.m. the first Friday of each month, Olympia Elks Lodge, 1818 Fourth Ave., Olympia. $5 members, $7.50 nonmembers. 360-456-4948 or 360-753-0186.
- Beginning "Salsa y Mas" lessons, 8-9 p.m. Thursdays and 9-10 p.m. Fridays, Los Pinos Restaurant, 4418 Sixth Ave. S.E., Lacey. $10 per class. 360-413-7855 or 360-705-0658.
- Boots 'n' Buckles Country-Western Dance Club, 6:30-9 p.m. Thursdays, American Legion Post No. 17, 111 Main St. W., Centralia. $18 annual membership, or $5 per class for nonmembers and $3 per class for members. 360-273-5706.
- Capitol Singles Square Dance Club, 7-8 p.m. intermediate rounds; 8-10:30 p.m. mainstream with plus tip second Friday of every month. Singles, couples, teens welcome. For location and information, call 360-456-8031.
- Dance to live music, 7-10 p.m. first Saturday of every month, South Union Grange, 10030 Tilley Road S., Olympia. $5. 360-352-2135.
- Do Si Do Square Dance, prerounds, 7:30-8 p.m.; mainstream, 8-10:30 p.m. with plus tip second Saturday of each month. Guest callers, cueing by Joyce Sebree. Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. 360-491-0364.
- Folk dances from Around the World, line, circle and couple dances, 7:30-10 p.m. Tuesdays, Olympia Ballroom, 116 Legion Way, Olympia. No experience or partner needed. $1 first visit, $3 suggested donation thereafter. 360-491-8555 and 360-438-5526.
- First Saturday Contra Dance, newcomers' workshop at 7:30 p.m., dance from 8 to 11 p.m. first Saturday of each month through June, South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road, Olympia. $8 general, $3 ages 12 and younger; families never pay more than $20. 360-807-8461 or www.olympiadance.org.
- Fourth Saturday Contra Dance, new comers' workshop at 7:30 p.m., dance from 8 to 11 p.m . fourth Saturday of each month, South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road, Olympia. $7. 360-438-7120.
- Grand Squares Square Dance Club Dance, 7:30-10 p.m. third Saturday of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th St. N.E., Olympia. Prerounds 7:30 p.m., dance 8-10 p.m. Glenn Raiha, caller; Ron Woolcock, cuer. Donations accepted. 360-357-6976.
- Gypsie Nation dances, 7-9:30 p.m. Wednesdays, The Evergreen State College, 2700 Evergreen Parkway N.W., Olympia. $5; ages 13 and younger get in free. First dance is free. www.gypsienation.com.
- International Folk Dancing, sponsored by The Olympia Folkdance Cooperative, 7:30-10 p.m. Tuesdays, Olympia Ballroom (above the Urban Onion), 116 Legion Way, Olympia. By donation. 360-491-8555 or 360-438-5526.
- Lacey Daisy's Square Dance Club, 7:30-10:30 p.m. first Saturday of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. 7:30 p.m. prerounds, 8 p.m. mainstream square dance. Don Wood, caller. Ron Woolcock, cuer. By donation. 360-491-0572.
- Salsa Thursdays, 8 p.m. to midnight Thursdays, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $5 cover. Drop in early (6 p.m. for intermediate or 7 p.m. for beginners) for lessons with Stephanie. $10 per class or $45 for a five-week session. Dancing only is $5. 360-951-0520.
- Second Saturday Contra Dance, newcomers' workshop at 7:30 p.m., dance starts at 8 p.m. second Saturday of each month, South Bay Grange, 3918 Sleater-Kinney Road, Olympia. $7. All ages welcome. 360-236-1602.
- Square One Plus Square Dance Club, 8 -10:30 p.m. first and third Fridays of each month, Lac-A-Do Hall, 1721 46th Ave. N.E., Olympia. Prerounds, 7 p.m. By donation. 360-491-3449.
- Swede Hall Dance, 1:30-4:30 p.m. first and third Sundays of each month, Swede Hall, 18543 Albany St. S.W., Rochester. Live music by The Band of Gold. Sponsored by Grand Mound/Rochester Citizens' Group. $5 donation. 360-273-7974.
- Swing dance, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Eagles Ballroom, 805 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Beginning lesson, 7 p.m. $5, all ages. 360-943-4010 or www.olyswing.com.
- Tanglefoot Cloggers, 6:30 p.m. Tuesdays, Brighton Park Grange, 525 73rd Ave. S.W., Tumwater. Beginners, 6:30-7:30 p.m.; extended basics, 7:30-8:15 p.m.; low intermediate, 8:15-9 p.m.; interm ediate, 9-9:30 p.m. $5. 360-412-8142.
- United Singles Dances, 8 p.m.-midnight second and/or fourth Saturdays of each month, Heritage Hall, Thurston County Fairgrounds, 3054 Carpenter Road S.E., Lacey. $12 for nonmembers, $7 for members. TGIF dancing, 7 p.m. Fridays, 3929 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. $4 cover. Rock/country/contemporary music played at both dances. 360-754-7805 or 360-459-0107.
OUT OF TOWN
- Country dance, sponsored by The Cimarron Country Dancers, 8-11 p.m. first and third Saturday of each month and lessons at 7 and 8 p.m. Thursdays, Valley Dance Hall, 1705 Willow St., Sumner. 253-848-7220.
- Manhattan Singles Dance Club, 7:30-10:30 p.m. Wednesdays, Amvets Hall, South 56th and Tyler streets, Tacoma. All ages and married couples welcome. $5 members, $6 guests. 360-357-6152.