- Theater Artists Olympia presents "Boston Marriage," 8 p.m. April 13-14, 20-22 27-28 and 2 p.m. April 15, 22 and 29, Minnaert Center for the Arts, 2011 Mottman Road, Olympia. Tickets are $12 and are available online at www.buyolympia.com or at the door. 360-357-3471.
- "Stories of Loving Locally," a Playback Theatre Performance by the Heartsparkle Players, 7:30 p.m. April 14, Traditions Cafe & World Folk Art, 300 Fifth Ave. S.W., Olympia. $5-$10 suggested donation. 360-705-2819.
Never miss a local story.
- Wrinkles of Washington presents "Fas cinating Rhythm, e_SDRq 2 and 7 p.m. April 14 and 2:30 p.m. April 15, Olympia High School Performing Arts Center, 1302 North St. S.E., Olympia. $15. 360-491-0218.
- "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," 7:55 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays and 1:55 p.m. Sundays April 20-May 13, Olympia Little Theatre, 1925 Miller Ave. N.E., Olympia. $10. 360-786-9484 or www.olympialittletheater.org.
- The Saint Martin University's Department of Theatre Arts presents "Everyman," 6:45 p.m. April 24-28, outdoors on the Saint Martin's University campus, 5300 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. $10 general, $6 students and seniors. 360-438-4345.
- Harlequin Productions presents "Enrico IV, e_SDRq 8 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays and 2 p.m. Sundays April 26-May 19, State Theater, 202 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. $24-$33. 360-786-0151.
- The Evergreen State College presents Seattle Repertory Theatre's production of "My Name is Rachel Corrie, e_SDRq 8 p.m. April 27-28 and 2 p.m. April 28-29, The Evergreen State College Experimental Theater, 2700 Evergreen Parkway N.W., Olympia. $30 general, $20 seniors and students. 360-867-6833.
- "Stories of Fathers," a Playback Theatre Performance by the Heartsparkle Players, 7:30 p.m. May 11, Traditions Cafe & World Folk Art, 300 Fifth Ave. S.W., Olympia. $5-$10 suggested donation. 360-705-2819.
OUT OF TOWN
- Seattle Repertory Theatre presents "My Name is Rachel Corrie," through May 6 Leo K Theatre, 155 Mercer St., Seattle. 877-900-9285 or www.seattlerep.org.
- Seattle Children's Theatre presents "Everyone Knows What a Dragon Looks Like," through May 12, Eve Alvord Theatre, 201 Thomas St., Seattle. 206-441-4488.
- Seattle Repertory Theatre presents "Gem of the Ocean," through May 6, Bagley Wright Theatre, 155 Mercer St., Seattle. 877-900-9285 or www.seattlerep.org.
- e_SDLq Wait Until Dark," April 13-May 6, Tacoma Little Theatre, 210 I St. N., Tacoma. 253-272-2281, ext. 14, or www.tacomalittletheatre.com.
- Cyndia Sieden, coloratura soprano with Judith Cohen on piano and Laura DeLuca on clarinet, 7:30 p.m. April 13, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $13-$30. 360-753-8586.
- Recital by pianist Ning An, 8 p.m. April 14, Sa int Martin's Abbey, 5300 Pacific Ave. S.E., Lacey. Free; donations accepted. 360-491-4700.
- "Tapas!" a benefit recital by JessAnn Smith, 7 p.m. April 18, Yelm High School, 1315 Yelm Ave. W., Yelm. 360-458-7777.
- Community Family Concert presents the Konzelman's, 6-8 p.m. April 21, Emmanuel Baptist Church, 2508 State Ave. N.E., Olympia. Free; donations accepted. 360-754-8838.
- Masterworks Choral Ensemble presents "The Majestic Music of Russia," 7:30 p.m. April 21, The Washington Center for the Perfor ming Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $16 adults, $9 students. 360-753-8586.
- Jazz Vocal Summit featuring three of the finest west coast jazz vocalists - Greta Matassa, Denni s Hastings and Patrick Tuzzolino, 8 p.m. April 21, Minnaert Center for the Arts, 2011 Mottman Road, Olympia. $20 general, $15 staff and seniors and $10 students. 360-596-5501.
- Denise Daverso's voice students in concert, 3 p.m. April 22, The United Churches, 110 11th Ave. S.E., Olympia. Free. 360-357-7981.
- Spring concert performed by the University of Puget Sound 55-voice Adelphian Choir and the Voci d-Amici select ensemble, 3 p.m. April 29, St. John's Episcopal Church, 114 20th Ave. S.E., Olympia. Free, donations accepted. 360-352-8527.
- American Night presented by the Olympia Symphony Orchestra , 7 p.m. April 29, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $17-$45. 360-753-8586.
- Ballet Northwest presents "Cinderella & Graduation Ball," 7:30 p.m. May 11 and 2 p.m. May 12-13, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. $18-$28. 360-753-8586.
OUT OF TOWN
- Pacific Northwest Ballet presents "Celebrate Seattle Festival," 7:30 p.m. April 12-14 and 17-21; 1 p.m. April 15 and 22; and 2 p.m. April 21, McCaw Hall, 321 Mercer St., Seattle. $18-$145. 206-441-2424 or www.pnb.org.
- Leftover Stories to Tell - An evening celebrating the work of Spalding Gray,
7:30 p.m. April 20, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. Ticket prices range from $6 (youth) to $24 (adults). 360-753-8586.
- Authors Evening and Ice Cream Social featuring local and regional authors, 6:30-8:30 p.m. April 26, Chloe Clark Elementary School, 1700 Palisade Blvd,, DuPont. 253-964-2399.
- The Fireside Bookstore Book Group, 7 p.m. May 3, The Olympian Hotel, 116 Legion Way S.E., Olympia. Join in a discussion of "The Places in Between" by Rory Stewart. 360-352-4006.
- The Paul Gillie Poetry Workshop Series, 7-8:30 p.m. the second Thursday of each month through May at the Olympia Timberland Regional Library, 313 Eighth Ave. S.E., Olympia. 360-352-0595.
- Hear One, Tell One Story Swap sponsored by The South Sound Storytelling Guild, 7-9 p.m. last Wednesday of every month, The Oly mpia Center, 222 Columbia St. N.W., Olympia. 360-866-6308 or www.southsoundstory.org.
- Barnes & Noble, 1530 Black Lake Blvd. S.W., Olympia. Ongoing: Saturday Storytime, 11 a.m. Saturdays; Juice Writers Workshop, 7 p.m. first and third Wednesday of each month; Writers Roundtable, second and fourth Thursday of each month. Free. 360-534-0388.
- Orca Books, 509 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Ongoing: Children's story time, 1:30 p.m. Sundays, ages 4-10. Free. 360-352-0123.
- Timberland Regional Libraries - Events: Good Reads for a Frosty Day, in which children ages 1-12 are invited to read five books and enter to win a free book from a local bookstore (contact your local library for details). Addresses/ phone numbers: Lacey, 500 College St. S.E., 360-491-3860; Olympia, 313 Eighth Ave. S.E. 360-352-0595; Tenino, 172 Central Ave. W., 360-264-2369; Tumwater, 7023 New Market St., 360-943-7790; Yelm, 210 Prairie Park St., 360-458-3374. www.trlib.org.
- Olympia Art League's monthly meeting with guest artist Yanshu Hsu, 6:30-9 p.m. April 19, First Christian Church, 701 Franklin St. S.E., Olympia. 360-491-6974.
- Watercolors of seascapes, garden flowers, barns and the old brewery by Weldon Neuschwanger through April 25, Capitol Florist, 515 Capitol Way S., Olympia. 360-357-5757.
- Art at the Bonsai Teriyaki and Wok Restaurant, 408 Cleveland Ave. S.E., Tumwater. Showing original works by Olympia Art League members - Byron Brunelle, Gloria Burton, Tony Lirette, Carol Picknell and Michael Scheurich through April. 360-412-3152.
- Art at Uncommon Ground Deli & Espresso, 855 Trosper Road, Tumwater. Ongoing: Original art by Valri Ari and Gloria Jean Burton. 360-754-1577.
- ArtHouse Designs, 420-B Franklin St., Olympia. Exhibit: Featuring works by Anne Belov, Christa Malay, Janet Richardson Baughman and Dave Pattison. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Tuesday-Friday and 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Saturday. 360-943-3377.
- The Artist's Gallery, 113 Legion Way S.W., Olympia. Exhibits: Les Fosmire, watercolors; Kim Hoover, woodturning; and Dot Woodall, oils, through April 30. Hours: 10 a.m.-5 p.m. Tuesday-Friday, 10:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Saturday and 1-4:30 p.m. Sunday. 360-357-6920.
- The Black Front Gallery, 106 Fourth Ave. E., Olympia. Exhibits: Andrew Wood, illustrations; Bethany Hays, paintings; Jahnavi Hastings, photography; Rachael Lang, c-print; and Rodrigo Valenzuela, digital video, through April 30. Hours: 11 a.m.-7 p.m. Thursday-Saturday. 360-786-6032.
- Childhood's End Gallery, 222 Fourth Ave. W., Olympia. Exhibits: Work by the Washington Potters' Association; prints by Mimi Williams; lithographs & pastels by Steven Scheibe through April 22. Hours: 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday-Saturday, 1 1 a.m.-5 p.m. Sunday. 360-943-3724.
- The Clay Zone Studio Ceramics Center, 2727 Westmoor Court, Olympia. Featuring Cone 10 reduction firings and Raku. Wheel-throwing classes: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Wednesdays and 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Saturdays; figurative and sculptural ceramics: 6-9 p.m. Wednesdays. Hours: noon-7 p.m. Monday-Friday and noon-5 p.m. Saturday. 360-943-7765.
- Evergreen Galleries, 2700 Evergreen P arkway N.W., Olympia. Exhibit: Robin Meacham-Harlow, "Go Ask Alice," through April 18. Hours : 10 a.m.-6 p.m. Monday, Thursday, Friday and noon-6 p.m. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. 360-867-5125.
- Gallery Contempo, 121 State St. N.E., Olympia. Exhibit: "Michael Croman: Bamboo Winds," April 12. Hours: Noon-6 p.m. Thursday-Sunday and by appointment. 360-870-5889.
- Hexen Glass Studio, 3006 29th Ave. S.W., Tumwater. Exhibits: Fused glass by local artist Gabriela Cowen, ongoing. Events: Ongoing stained glass classes and workshops. Register by calling 360-705-8758.
- Keystone Community Gallery, 207 Centre St., Rainier. Exhibit: Showing works by Anita Nash.
- Loft Studio and Gallery, 1107 Eastside St. S.E., Olympia. Exhibits: Original art by Chris Brown, Marge Schmidt, Judy Morgan, Molly Penders and Carol Wolfe. Hours: 10 a.m.-1 p.m. Tuesday and Saturday, 10 a.m.-1 p.m. and 6-9 p.m. Thursday, or by appointment. 360-481-6125.
- SideDoor Studio, 314 Capitol Way N., O lympia. Ongoing: Paintings by Alayne Goodhart, B arbara Strophy, Laura Akhavan, Beth Connolly, Kathy Bethurum, Jim Hazzard, Winnie Lang Anderson and Lori Vermillion. 360-705-1818 or www.sidedoorstudio.net.
- The State of the Arts Gallery, 500 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. Exhibit: "Watercolors of the Northwest" by Eric Slagle, through April 20. 360-705-0317.
- The Treehouse Art Enrichment Center, upstairs in Buck's Fifth Avenue, 209 Fifth Ave., Olympia. A variety of art lessons are available for all ages - including landscape painting, drawing, calligraphy and much more. 360-705-4269.
- The Washington Center Gallery, 512 Washington St. S.E., Olympia. Exhibit: "Daniel Rice: Photography of Ireland," through April 29. 360-753-8585, ext. 507.