Keep the new year going smoothly with a fun DIY branch calendar. Not only is it super easy, but it also looks great above your desk throughout the entire year.
- Broken tree branch
- Birch rounds (available at Michaels in a variety of sizes)
- Stamp number and letter set with ink
- Paper and fabric flower and leaf embellishments
- Thin yarn
- Small drill
1. Find a small, nicely shaped tree branch.
2. Divide your birch rounds into three piles. The first pile will be the months, the second pile will be the day's first digit, and the third pile will be the day's second digit.
Stamp the following to the birch rounds (front/back): jan/feb, mar/apr, may/jun, jul/aug, sep/oct, nov/dec, 0/1, 2/3, 0/1, 2/3, 4/5, 6/7, 8/9.
3. Drill a small hole above each stamped letter or number.
4. Thread a piece of yarn through each of the drilled holes and hang onto your branch.
5. Change your birch rounds daily!
Dena is the designer and artist behind many home, gift and paper products found at your favorite stores. To ask her how to embellish anything, visit her blog at denadesigns.com.