Many families are running into one big hassle when it comes to the Wii, PlayStation and Xbox systems: the ever-growing storage problem.
Kids toss controllers on beds and in toy boxes, and games are hiding throughout the home. Guitars and drum sets are finding their way into stuffed closets.
So where can it all go? Organization is the key. And you can start with storage bins, storage ottomans and even hanging sweater bags.
All you need is a small space in a closet. Consider organizing a portion of the closet with hanging sweater bins and shoe bins. Games and controllers can fit neatly into a hanging shoe organizer, and nunchucks and larger accessories can be shoved into a hanging sweater bin.
Storage ottomans and storage benches serve double duty in the game room, too. It’s a smart way to hide games and smaller accessories, and they provide extra seating.
Many stores sell plastic storage bins that are made to slide under the bed. These are perfect for storing all kinds of items, including games and controllers.
Here are some of our favorites:
• Large brown and ivory canopy multipurpose storage bin with lid ($12) at Wal-Mart and walmart.com.
• Keep your controllers organized in a stylish lacquered Thrustmaster Duo Charging & Storage Station for Nintendo Wii ($35) at buy.com.
• The great thing about the storage Puzzle Bookcase is all the many ways to solve it. You can use this bookcase to hold Wii games, books and DVDs. The bookcase can be assembled into four different looks ($379) at crateandbarrel.com.
• The Highland Hall bench offers two pull-out drawers for storage, and the bench can be used for seating ($399.99) at Slumberland Furniture, slumberlandfurniture.com.
• This paisley hinged bench ottoman has plenty of storage space and is large enough to hold the gaming system and other accessories such as the guitar, paddles and controllers ($191.99) at overstock.com.
• The heavy-duty Triple Storage Bin has three sturdy removable bags. This sorter is great for organizing game controllers and accessories ($79.99) at www.organizeit-online.com/triple-storage-p-352.html.
• The small folding crate is a good container for Wii accessories ($9.99) at The Container Store.