An adult and two children suffered severe burns injured early Sunday morning when a stove-top pan fire flared up at a Kent home, reports Capt. Kyle Ohashi of the Kent Fire Department.
Kent firefighters and King County paramedics treated and transported three patients from a mobile home in the 24400 block of 64th Avenue South just after 12:30 this morning.
"Firefighters were initially dispatched to a possible residential fire, but found that the fire was confined to a pan of oil," Ohashi said in a news release. "The three burns took place when one of the patients attempted to throw the burning oil out the door of the home."
All three patients were transported to a local hospital.
Never miss a local story.
The mobile home did not suffer any damage.
Because of privacy laws, the names, ages, specific injuries, and hospital destination of the patients are not available.