South Kitsap Fire and Rescue officials say a 24-year-old Manchester, Wash., woman has been treated for burns she suffered in a fire that destroyed the home where she lived.
Firefighters say the woman was burned after she tried putting gasoline on some paper inside a wood stove. They say when she lit the fire, some of the vapors had spread and sent flames throughout the room. The woman tried to snuff out the fire with a blanket. The Kitsap Sun says she reportedly suffered first- and second-degree burns.
Crews found the home engulfed in flames when they responded late Tuesday morning.