The Olympia Fire Department was investigating a small fire that erupted in the commons area of Olympia High School just before 1 p.m. Monday.
The fire caused “minimal damage,” including smoke and fumes in the building, district spokesman Ryan Betz said.
“It was put out pretty quickly by staff with a fire extinguisher,” he said. “Everyone is safe; no one was harmed.”
Students and staff were evacuated from the building as a precaution, Betz said.
Never miss a local story.
Lisa Pemberton, lpemberton@