The Port of Olympia named four new members and three alternates to its advisory committee this week. The members are:
• Richard Korn, a longshoreman.
• Steve Garrett, owner of the Windermere Olympia real estate office.
• Frank Gorecki, retired from Boeing.
Never miss a local story.
• John Hurley, vice president for finance and administration at The Evergreen State College.
The three alternates are:
• Owen McCurty, state Employment Security Department employee.
• John Youmans, retired, formerly a project manager.
• Heber Kennedy, formerly the port’s senior manager of property development.
The existing members of the port’s advisory committee are commercial real estate broker Lisa Cosmillo, attorney Clydia Cuykendall, financial examiner Joseph Downing, engineer Don Melnick, former university professor Keith Laws, former port commissioner Jim Wright and Boeing employee Kevin Partlow. The advisory committee chair is Riley Moore, associate professor of economics at Saint Martin’s University.
The committee is a volunteer group that studies port issues and provides input to the port commission.