The Labor Day holiday on Monday means changes in schedules and services.
The following will be closed:
• Post offices, and no mail will be delivered.
• Most banks and credit unions.
• Federal and state offices.
• County and city offices.
• Driver and Motor Vehicle Services offices. Locations that usually have a Tuesday-Saturday schedule will be closed Saturday.
• The Evergreen State College, Saint Martin’s University and South Puget Sound Community College.
• The Olympian’s customer-service desk. For circulation questions, call 800-905-0296.
• All Timberland Regional Library branches.
• Mason Transit will not provide service.
The following will be open or running:
• Intercity Transit will provide service but will run on a Sunday schedule. For information about a route, call 360-786-1881 or go to www.intercitytransit.com.
• Local garbage collection agencies will provide services to residential and commercial customers.
• The Thurston County Waste and Recovery Center will be open.
• Parking at meters in downtown Olympia will be free.