Crews from Lacey Fire District 3 extinguished a fire around 1 a.m. Monday in an unoccupied house in the 3600 block of Arbor Drive Southeast near Long Lake. The fire was caused by a heater that was running in the garage and was located “too close to combustibles,” said Battalion Chief Ryan Fox. The homeowner had been painting the two-story house’s interior and had removed all of the doors inside, which allowed the fire to spread easily and rapidly, Fox said.
Crews from Lacey Fire District 3 extinguished a fire around 1 a.m. Monday in an unoccupied house in the 3600 block of Arbor Drive Southeast near Long Lake. The fire was caused by a heater that was running in the garage and was located “too close to combustibles,” said Battalion Chief Ryan Fox. The homeowner had been painting the two-story house’s interior and had removed all of the doors inside, which allowed the fire to spread easily and rapidly, Fox said. Steve Bloom sbloom@theolympian.com
Crews from Lacey Fire District 3 extinguished a fire around 1 a.m. Monday in an unoccupied house in the 3600 block of Arbor Drive Southeast near Long Lake. The fire was caused by a heater that was running in the garage and was located “too close to combustibles,” said Battalion Chief Ryan Fox. The homeowner had been painting the two-story house’s interior and had removed all of the doors inside, which allowed the fire to spread easily and rapidly, Fox said. Steve Bloom sbloom@theolympian.com

Heater sparks fire in unoccupied Lacey house on Arbor Drive

April 17, 2017 09:20 AM

UPDATED April 21, 2017 06:19 AM

More Videos

  • Olympia Choral Society's 20th Christmas Concert

    With the seasonal theme "The Best of Christmas Past," Terrance Robert Bernard Shaw directs the Olympia Choral Society's 20th Annual Christmas Benefit Concert Dec. 10 at the Koval Center for the Performing Arts in Lacey.