A story about summer road construction on Interstate 5 was last week’s most read.
1. Planning to take 1-5 this weekend? Consider this your warning: A bridge repair project on northbound Interstate 5 in Olympia could cause miles-long backups and long delays for drivers this weekend and the next.
2. Capital High School football coach resigns after allegations of ‘lack of supervision:’ After 10 years with the program, Capital High School football coach John Johnson has resigned, effective July 13.
3. Officers who beat homeless man bloody might face assault charges: Two Shelton police officers might face assault charges on the recommendation of the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office after they pepper sprayed, repeatedly struck and used a stun gun on a man who had been sleeping atop a staircase behind a homeless shelter.
4. ‘I think we can consider this a hidden gem again,’ manager says of new county park: The 155-acre site at 25005 Bald Hill Road, more than 15 miles southeast of Yelm, has been closed to the public since it was purchased by Thurston County about 25 years ago. But in about six weeks, it will reopen as the area’s newest recreational treasure: Deschutes Falls Park.
5. Comics: The comics were once again well read.