Comments are taken directly from the latest Thurston County inspection reports, which are available at each food establishment, at the Thurston County Environmental Health Office and their website at co.thurston.wa.us/health/ehfood. For questions concerning these reports, contact the health office at 360-867-2667.
Reading inspection scores:
▪ Attention should be given to the type of violation (red versus blue) and whether the restaurant has a history of red violations or repeat violations.
▪ Red violations are those most likely to cause food-borne illness and must be corrected immediately if feasible or according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: not keeping food at the right temperature.
▪ Blue violations relate to the overall cleanliness and condition of operation and must be corrected according to a compliance schedule established by the health officer. Example: a worn floor that needs replacing.
No violations found
▪ Subway, 2430 93rd Ave. SW
▪ Vision Fitness and Health, 111 Tumwater Blvd. SE #A209
▪ Little General Food Shop, 500 Capitol Way S.
▪ Bittersweet Chocolates, 513 Washington St. SE
▪ Zittel’s Marina, 9144 Gallea St. NE
▪ Olympia Coffee Roasting Company, 2824 Capitol Blvd.
▪ Miso Asian Bistro, 4514 Lacey Blvd. SE Unit B
AFC Sushi @ Subway #543
4700 Yelm Highway SE
5 red, 0 blue
Comments: Fish in display case/prep fridge at 36 degrees. Lighting above prep area is inadequate. Employee did not describe standard operating procedure for thawing sealed packaged fish product.
4043 Martin Way E.
25 red, 7 blue
Comments: Half pan of cooked beans cooled at 4 inches in walk-in, instead of 2 inches, so the food was thrown away. Half pan of salsa was stored in walk-in without a covering, so it was covered. Floor tiles and deteriorated grout in kitchen need to be repaired and replaced in six months.
Fire Creek Ale House at Capital City Golf Course
5225 Yelm Highway SE
30 red, 5 blue
Comments: A few employees had expired food worker cards. Pans of beans, chowder and gravy were cooled at depths of 3 to 4 inches, not 2 inches, so they were thrown away. Dishwashing machine was not providing sanitizer in rinse.
La Quinta Inn and Suites
4600 Capitol Blvd. SE
20 red, 0 blue
Comments: No paper towel dispenser in self-serve area hand sink. One must be installed by Dec. 1. One employee with expired food worker card (repeat violation). Thermometer 14 degrees high, so it was adjusted.
New Sushi & Teriyaki
5401 Corporate Center Drive SE
Comments: Surfaces of three-door freezer have grime build-up. Clean and sanitize regularly.
Triceratops Brewing Co.
8036 River Drive SE Suite 203
0 red, 2 blue
Comments: Self-closing device on restroom door must be installed in four weeks.