A chimney fire spread to the attic of a Boulevard Road home in Olympia on Wednesday night.
Firefighters responded to the structure fire on the 1100 block of Boulevard Road Southeast at 8:28 p.m. After lighting a fire in the fireplace, the homeowner reported seeing bubbling paint on a wall above the fireplace and smoke coming out the attic vents, according to Olympia Fire Department.
The homeowner evacuated and was not injured, but a firefighter suffered a twisted ankle while at the scene.
Three cats that went missing during the fire turned up Thursday morning.
Never miss a local story.
The fire was under control at 8:53 p.m. There was smoke damage throughout the home and firefighters estimated the cost of damage at $30,000 to $40,000.