Washington's notorious teen burglar remains at large, despite an anonymous $50,000 offer to turn himself in.
The offer to 19-year-old Colton Harris-Moore was announced last week and expired at 3 p.m. Tuesday. Edmonds attorney Jim Johanson said the money is being returned to the donor.
Johanson told The Herald newspaper of Everett that the offer was an attempt to get Harris-Moore to turn himself in before anyone got hurt.
Harris-Moore has been on the run since April 2008, when he escaped from a group home south of Seattle. Authorities believe he’s responsible for dozens of break-ins Washington, British Columbia and Idaho.