A Seattle couple say their dog was killed by eating strychnine-laced pet food that was left out at the Elliott Bay Marina, apparently to kill river otters.
The couple, Glenn Bonci and Joan Ronnenkamp, told The Seattle Times that tests at the Washington State University College of Veterinary Medicine in Pullman confirmed their dog Teddi was poisoned.
They saw their dog eat some canned food that was in front of a boat when they went for a walk last month at the marina. Their dog soon went into a seizure and died.
Marina manager Dwight Jones said that the poison may have been left out to kill otters that climb on boats and defecate.
Never miss a local story.
Jones said he has sent boat owners letters warning them that poisoning wildlife is illegal.