Lacey Firefighters responded to a report of a fire in a single-story home Thursday around 9 p.m., in the 1100 block of Golf Club Road S.E., in Lacey.
The fire started near the front of the home, and was extinguished within 15 minutes of the fire department's arrival. There was no one home at the time of the fire. Two dogs were rescued from a bedroom at the back of the house, and administered oxygen by firefighters prior to being taken to an emergency veterinary hospital in the area. Both dogs are expected to survive. Olympia Fire Department also responded to the call.
Initial damages to the home and its contents are estimated at $75,000.