Thurston County Commissioners recently authorized nearly $41,000 in historic preservation grants to the following programs for 2014:
• Olympia Tumwater Foundation, $5,000 to support a pilot project for school field trips to the Tumwater Historic District.
• Bigelow House Preservation Association, $5,000 for the house’s Gothic bedroom restoration project.
• Delphi Community Club, $5,000 for a re-roof of the Dephi Schoolhouse.
• Lacey Museum, $1,004 for software and multimedia upgrades for the museum.
• Rainier Historical Society, $5,000 to help renovate two rooms and the entry of the historic Rainier School.
• Sand Man Foundation, $4,940 for renovations including an electric charging system and roof repair for the tugboat.
• City of Olympia, $5,000 for the Heritage Commission’s alley naming and improvement project.
• City of Tenino, $4,970 for the city’s kiosk signage and historic mural.
• Old Brewhouse Foundation, $5,000 for the Old Brewhouse History mobile project.
The funding comes from setting aside $1 from each $5 historic document recording fee that is collected by the Thurston County auditor. The grant program is managed by the Thurston County Historic Commission.Lisa Pemberton: 360-754-5433 email@example.com