No one was injured in an Olympia apartment fire Wednesday afternoon, according to the Olympia Fire Department.
Firefighters responded to a fire at the Woodland Park Apartments, located on the 800 block of Yauger Way SW, at about 3:30 p.m. The fire started in a kitchen, but hadn’t spread thanks to the building’s sprinkler system, according to Deputy Chief Gary Wright.
The fire was extinguished quickly, and smoke and water damage were limited to the one apartment, Wright said. The fire likely started when food in the oven or on the stove was left unattended.
Damage to the apartment is estimated at $15,000, Wright said.