Homeowners in the Lacey area have been notified of a potential landslide in the vicinity of Marian Drive Northeast, near The Woodlands and The Links golf courses.
The Thurston Conservation District inspected the area Jan. 9 and notified Thurston County Emergency Management on Friday afternoon.
People with homes on slopes or bluffs are advised to be aware of the signs of potential slides, including:
• Cracks that appear suddenly.
Never miss a local story.
• The sudden appearance of groundwater or water coming from a hillside.
• Sunken areas in lawns or areas that look like they have been recently disturbed.
• Utilities that suddenly stop working, such as loss of power or water.
• Door frames that suddenly stick or are out of alignment.
The Thurston Conservation District will perform slope stability assessments. However, the agency cannot provide the service during an emergency and the inspection has to be scheduled. To schedule a visit, call 360-754-3588, Ext. 114, and speak with Kathleen Whalen.