A car crash on US Hwy. 101 that took the life of a young woman from Shelton generated the most interest on our website last week.
Here are the top stories, based on reader traffic:
1. Shelton woman dies in car crash: About 1:30 a.m. Sunday, Breanna R. Atwell and her passenger were northbound on U.S. Hwy. 101, about two miles southwest of Shelton, when a southbound vehicle crossed the center line and crashed into them.
2. Residents catch Olympia burglary suspect in the act, tie him until police arrive: The suspect emerged from a bedroom and tried to run past the men, saying, “I’m sorry, I made a mistake and you’ll get your stuff back.” There’s also a photo, courtesy of Olympia Police Department.
Never miss a local story.
3. Tacoma meth survivor will run new store in Olympia: In addition to a new Goodwill Outlet Store and Recycling Center opening, there was this back story about the store manager: Sandra Collins ran away from her Spanaway home at 16, and for most of the next two decades barely understood all she was losing to a methamphetamine addiction.
4. Toyota dealer buys 28 acres in Tumwater: Toyota of Olympia could be moving to Tumwater.
5. JBLM ends demolition project in downtown Olympia after labor unions complain: A representative from Laborers Union Local 252, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to comment, confirmed that the unions objected to the demolition effort.