No doubt about it: this community still loves anything to do with the place that once produced Olympia beer.
1. Tumwater brewery redevelopment could generate more than 600 jobs: If it comes to fruition, a proposed Tumwater Craft Brewing and Distillery Center could generate as many as 662 jobs and more than $101 million for the local economy. Now, who’s got $65 million to make it happen?
2. 2 suspects identified in late-night fight in downtown Olympia: The incident occurred just after midnight Saturday (June 13) on Fourth Avenue East between Capitol Way and Washington Street. According to police reports, a confrontation between two groups began after one man “shoulder-checked” another man as they passed each other on Fourth Avenue.
3. Nickleback cancels weekend shows at Washington state venues: A two paragraph brief that generated nearly 3,000 page views. I thought nobody liked this band?
Never miss a local story.
4. WSP seeks information about I-5 road rage, possible shots fired: The incident started at about 6 p.m. (June 15) near milepost 101, the exit for Tumwater Boulevard. It involved two vehicles: a gray Chevrolet Equinox sport utility vehicle, and a brown single-cab pickup truck with a canopy and Oregon license plates.
5. Olympia motor home fire injures 1, knocks out ‘Game of Thrones:’ What did a creative headline do for this story? Oh, about 2,800 page views.