The state of the state budget was on everyone’s mind last week.
1. State employees brace for potential shutdown: All that fretting is over, for the moment.
2. Officer saves kitten thrown into downtown Olympia traffic: The witness reported that one of the men was walking, and the other was on a bicycle. The person on foot reportedly reached into a backpack, pulled out a kitten and threw it into the road.
3. Thurston mayors brace for double whammy of shutdown, ‘medicore’ state budget: More concern last week about the budget.
4. Suspect arrested after violent domestic dispute at Lacey apartments: Lacey police arrested a man who has been accused of assaulting and threatening to kill his ex-girlfriend.
5. Man charged in death of Orting mom: I’ve got a question for our readers: How many of you would agree to a date at a place called Jeepers Country Bar & Grill in Spanaway? Just wondering.