No surprise: the No. 1 story on our website last week was about a nurse practitioner who allegedly had brought a patient to swingers sex clubs in Portland and Everett. What was surprising, however, were the number of people commenting online who felt the nurse practitioner had done nothing wrong.
1. Olympia nurse practitioner could face sanctions after attending swingers sex clubs with patient: According to Department of Health documents, a 31-year-old female patient began treatment with Oliver for attention-deficit disorder in May 2013. During a July session, Oliver told the patient about two swinger clubs in Portland and Everett, and told the patient “not to be surprised” if she saw her there.
2. Thurston County man dies in early morning fire: A 79-year-old Thurston County man died early Wednesday morning after a fire from a nearby burn pile spread to his home on the 3200 block of 78th Avenue Southeast, according to the Thurston County Sheriff’s Office.
3. Police investigate hanging death near a Martin Way bus stop in Lacey: Sgt. Scott Easton said police responded Saturday afternoon (July 4) after a woman who was waiting for the bus reported seeing a body hanging from a tree in the woods behind the bus stop. Police said the body appeared to be of a man in his 20s, and it appeared to be a suicide.
Never miss a local story.
4. Thurston County coroner identifies man found hanging from tree in Lacey: The 30-year-old man, who had no fixed address, was identified as Robert F. Desantis.
5. Lacey woman sentenced to 8.5 years for crash that killed former dentist: Witnesses told police the truck veered into the oncoming northbound lanes of College Street and struck a van driven by 82-year-old Charles Evans, who died of a broken neck at the scene. Two passengers in Gina Grocott’s truck were severely injured. There were no passengers in the car with Evans.