Quite a few popular stories on the website last week — even the No. 25 story generated more than 1,000 page views — but nothing captured the public’s attention quite like the story about the brides and the business Weddings with Joy.
1. Brides left without dresses after Weddings with Joy owner abandons business: Our No. 1 story last week, which generated more than 14,000 page views.
2. Aberdeen woman in fatal handcar race ‘took on the world’: Charity Lisherness, 47, of Aberdeen died Saturday after falling off a railroad handcar she was racing during the annual Wilkeson Days festival.
3. Two dead in apparent homicide/suicide near Shelton: A Shelton man and a 17-month-old child died Thursday night in what the Mason County Sheriff’s Office believes was a homicide/suicide in the Lake Limerick area about 6 miles north of Shelton.
4. At least 4 injured in log truck crash on Highway 101 near Shelton: Washington State Troopers responded Friday afternoon to a serious injury collision at U.S. Highway 101 in Shelton involving two cars and a log truck.
5. Olympia Police find burglary suspect hiding in attic: Police officers found the woman at about 8:30 a.m. in a house in the 2200 block of Ninth Avenue Southwest in Olympia that they believe is her home, Sgt. Jim Black said. “We found her in the attic, hiding under a pile of blown insulation,” he said.