Guns, or the threat of a possible shooting, were in the news last week, including at Capital High School and Centralia High School.
1. Student arrested on gun possession charge at Capital High School: The 18-year-old student allegedly brought the gun to school following a dispute with another student, a juvenile, over theft of marijuana. The student reported that he had brought the gun to school for protection because he believed he would be assaulted by the other student.
2. Lacey businesses fail alcohol compliance check: Lacey police used an underage, undercover operative to check 31 grocery, convenience and liquor stores and 19 bars and taverns, according to a news release.
3. Centralia High School placed on lockdown: Centralia High School was locked down this morning after a note, which stated that a student was planning on killing people during a school assembly, was found in a classroom, according to the Centralia Police Department.
Never miss a local story.
4. Black Hills soccer club, former coach, face lawsuit alleging sexual abuse: An Olympia-based youth soccer club and a former coach are facing a lawsuit alleging that the coach had a sexual relationship with a teenage player, and that the club did nothing to prevent the abuse.
5. Doug Baldwin doesn’t want to see a Seahawks offense without Marshawn Lynch: Stuff about the Seahawks.