One person died in a Shelton house fire Monday evening.
At 7:01 p.m. Oct. 5 Central Mason Fire and EMS responded to a two-story residential structure fire that had extended into the second floor, according to a news release.
The home was of older construction, complicating the fire response.
Two people escaped the fire. They were treated and released from Providence St. Peter Hospital.
Never miss a local story.
One person died in the upper level of the house, according to fire officials.
The fire was caused by unattended food on the kitchen stove.