A man who fled police by jumping into East Bay was among last week’s most read stories.
1. Lawsuit filed against Thurston County over pocket gopher process: The litigation “challenges Thurston County’s lack of public process,” and alleges that the county “transferred its authority to issue local permits to a federal agency without any public input, which is in conflict with local, state, and federal law.”
2. School Daze longtime educational supplies store in Olympia will close: Longtime educational supply store set to close in December.
3. Crews respond to commercial structure fire in Tumwater: Olympia Firefighters IAFF Local 468 posted on Facebook that the fire was at Line-X of Olympia, and their crews responded to the scene at about 7:20 a.m. No other information was immediately available.
Never miss a local story.
4. Man fleeing police jumps into Olympia’s East Bay: A man fleeing police jumped into Olympia’s East Bay at about 3 p.m. Friday and stayed in the water for nearly 90 minutes, according to Olympia Police Patrol Sgt. Jeff Herbig. The man was thought to be suffering from some mental health issues.
5. Olympia bar fight suspect’s bail set at $7,000: A 54-year-old man was arrested Saturday (Nov. 21) for allegedly hitting another man with a pint glass and lacerating his temporal artery at an Olympia bar.