Last week’s most read stories were populated with the usual crime and traffic news, but the No. 1 story was a feature about a woman and her dramatic weight loss.
1. Olympia woman becomes fitness fanatic after losing nearly 200 pounds: The turning point for Charlotte McLaughlin came when a doctor said her weight had caused the stress fracture in her foot.
2. Tumwater teen reports attempted abduction Monday on school bus route: A 16-year-old female student from Tumwater High School reported to the School Resource Officer that while she was waiting for the school bus in the 6700 block of Fir Tree Road, a newer model four-door sedan with dark tinted windows drove up and stopped.
3. One man killed in late-night Steamboat Island crash: Lt. Cliff Ziesemer said the driver, who lived in the area, had been traveling north at about 11:30 p.m. when he left the road for an unknown reason and crashed into a tree.
Never miss a local story.
4. Man who died in Steamboat Island crash identified: The 22-year-old man who died in a Wednesday night crash on Steamboat Island Road has been identified as Tyler W. Smedley, according to the Thurston County Coroner’s Office.
5. Lacey police investigate reports of possible gunfire: No one injured, no evidence that shots were fired.