Despite stormy conditions and what felt like never-ending rain, the weather story was not the most read last week.
1. Prescription drug deal gone awry leads to stabbing in Olympia: Police said the stabbing appeared to be the result of an argument over a drug deal.
2. 3-vehicle crash near Olympia High School sends one man to hospital: A three-vehicle crash at Henderson Boulevard and North Street, near Olympia High School, closed the intersection for about 45 minutes Monday afternoon and sent one man to Providence St. Peter Hospital with an injury, according to the Olympia Police Department.
3. Heavy rains, high tides lead to Capitol Lake flooding: Heavy rainfall, flooding on the Deschutes River and high tides in Puget Sound led to flooding around Capitol Lake early Thursday morning.
4. Olympia man slammed into wall by King County deputy dies; death ruled homicide: Christopher Sean Harris, 36, died Thursday night in his Olympia home, according to Thurston County Coroner Gary Warnock. A pathologist performed an autopsy on Harris on Friday and determined he died as a result of acute and chronic pneumonia. The report said the pneumonia was a consequence of blunt head trauma.
5. Driver says he was distracted by sex when he struck and killed bicyclist: And out of Florida ... a central Florida driver told deputies he was distracted by a woman who was performing a sex act on him when his truck struck and killed a man on a bicycle.