The 12 days of Christmas have passed, so it’s time to get rid of holiday trees.
Many Thurston County and municipal options for tree pickup occur this weekend. Here are the procedures and deadlines:
▪ Lacey residents: Boy Scouts will provide curbside pickup of holiday trees Saturday for city residents. Trees must have all decorations removed and be placed curbside in front of homes by 8 a.m. For more information, contact Lacey Public Affairs at 360-491-3214 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
▪ Olympia garbage customers: Place trees in your organics pickup location. Customers with Tuesday or Wednesday pickup should put trees out by 6 a.m. Saturday. Those with Thursday or Friday service should place trees out by 6 a.m. Jan. 16. Trees taller than 6 feet must be cut in half. For questions, call Olympia Waste Resources at 360-753-8368.
Never miss a local story.
▪ Shelton: Bill McTurnal Enterprises at 721 Kamilche Lane accepts trees through Saturday during daylight hours.
▪ Tenino residents: Take your tree to 418 S. Wichman St. through Saturday.
▪ Yelm residents: Dumpsters for trees are at the Yelm City Park at state Route 507 and Mosman Avenue. They will be available until full and picked up Sunday.
▪ Tumwater residents: Place trees at the nearest street corner by 7 a.m. Monday. For more information, call 360-754-4150.
▪ All Thurston County residents: Trees are accepted through Jan. 17 from 7 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Mondays through Fridays and 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays at the Waste and Recovery Center, 2420 Hogum Bay Road NE, Lacey. There is no charge for residents, but businesses and out-of-county customers must pay regular yard waste fees.
▪ LeMay organics/yard waste customers: Place your tree in the organics bin (no sections longer than 3 feet). Service is free for organics/yard waste customers. Residents who have not signed up for this service can set out their trees for collection at a cost of $3.77 per section in Lacey-Olympia-Tumwater; $3.67 per section in Yelm; and $4.62 per section in Rainier.
▪ Rainier residents: Take your tree to the Thurston County Drop Box at 13010 Rainier Acres Road through Jan. 16. (Open Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays only from 9 a.m.-5 p.m.).
▪ Rochester residents: Take your tree to the Thurston County Drop Box at 16500 Sargent Road through Jan. 17. (Open Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays only, 9 a.m.- 5 p.m.)