If you follow The Olympian, you probably already know which story was the most read last week. That’s right: Mr. Beezow Doo-doo Zopittybopbopbop was by far our No. 1 story, generating 17,000 page views.
1. Beezow Doo-doo Zoppitybopbopbop arrested for assaulting Evergreen police officer: A man who made headlines with his unusual name has been accused of assaulting an Evergreen State College police officer and a Thurston County deputy.
2. Burglary suspect taken into custody after five-hour search of state office building: A burglary suspect was finally taken into custody by Olympia police about 9:30 a.m. Sunday after a search for the man started about five hours earlier, an Olympia police lieutenant said.
3. Trooper stops Lacey man driving 110 mph on northbound I-5: A 40-year-old Lacey man was arrested early Saturday evening on suspicion of driving under the influence and reckless driving after he topped speeds of more than 100 miles per hour on northbound Interstate 5, according to the Washington State Patrol.
Never miss a local story.
4. Olympia hires developer to transform Water Street into downtown destination: Local developer Walker John’s partnership, Urban Olympia, will create a plan for the Water Street Redevelopment Area. The 1.09-acre site is located between Fourth and Fifth avenues next to the Heritage Park Fountain.
5. Wife crashes her own funeral, horrifying her husband, who had paid to have her killed: Far from being elated, the man looked terrified. Five days ago, he had ordered a team of hit men to kill Rukundo, his partner of 10 years. And they did - well, they told him they did. They even got him to pay an extra few thousand dollars for carrying out the crime.