A wood stove is suspected to have caused a fire in an Olympia home Monday afternoon.
Olympia firefighters responded to a wood stove fire that extended into a wall at 4212 Park Drive about 1 p.m., according to a news release. Firefighters found heavy smoke in the attic. The fire was put out by 2 p.m., according to the news release.
One resident was home at the time of the fire. She was alerted to a problem when the lights went out in the house. She saw the wall around the chimney and fireplace discoloring and smoke getting into the house and called 911.
Olympia Fire Department responded with four engines, a ladder truck, two medic units and a command unit. There were no injuries.
Never miss a local story.
Damage is estimated at $30,000. The cause of the fire is under investigation but appears to be related to the wood stove.