Two of last week’s most read stories were focused on one thing: a missing woman and the man suspected in her death.
1. Man dies after setting himself on fire in Yelm: A 23-year-old Roy man died after lighting himself on fire near the Yelm Safeway late Tuesday night.
2. Man arrested for allegedly punching 3-year-old son at Thurston County parking lot: Four witnesses came forward and said they had seen Stilson treat his daughter and son roughly while trying to put them in the car. One witness said Stilson tossed his daughter like a rag doll. Multiple witnesses described Stilson holding his son down and striking him in the face with a closed fist, according to court documents.
3. Road rage blamed for bicyclist’s broken leg: Bail was set at $25,000 for a Lacey woman accused of breaking a bicyclist’s leg in a fit of road rage.
Never miss a local story.
4. Police search for missing Olympia woman, 60: See below.
5. Blood, hammer found at home of Thurston County murder suspect: Detectives reportedly found spattered blood and a hammer with blond hairs around it in a garage belonging to James E. Stidd, the Thurston County man suspected of killing a missing Olympia woman.